Date: 23 March 2018
To: All Members North Yorkshire
INDUSTRIAL ACTION: INTRODUCTION OF TACTICAL RESPONSE VEHICLES WITH REDUCED CREWING, UNSAFE CHANGES TO STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES AT OPERATIONAL INCIDENTS, IMPOSING ADDITIONAL DUTIES ON MEMBERS WITHOUT AGREEMENT AND DISREGARD OF AGREED PROCEDURES.
Call for Industrial Action
Members are aware of the industrial action short of a strike in connection with this dispute.
As the person authorised to make the call for industrial action, I now confirm that from 08.00 hours on 29 March 2018, the following will not apply:
• A refusal to undertake any variation to members’ usual contracted hours of work. For example members will refuse to swap a night shift for a day shift or a rota day in order to undertake training etc.
• A refusal to work any pre-arranged overtime.
• A refusal to work any additional hours other than that laid down in a members’ primary contract – for clarity, this involves providing additional hours of work over and above your usual retained or wholetime duty contract for example additional voluntary hours in the Operational Staffing Reserve (OSR) – It does not include those whose primary contract involves being in the OSR.
• A refusal to use members’ own vehicles for transporting PPE or travelling to and from detached duties or courses etc.
This means that until 08.00 hours on 29 March 2018 the industrial action will continue as previously notified. From that date/time the industrial action will be:
• A refusal for all Firefighters to act up to Crew Manager
• A refusal by all Crew Managers and Watch Managers to drive operational Fire Appliances and Specialist Appliances
• A refusal by all Firefighters to carry out any instructing duties (for example First Aid Instructor / Swift Water Rescue Instructor etc.)
These are the details which have been determined upon. We hope the matter will be resolved shortly. If not, further details in respect of this ongoing industrial action will be notified once determined. Members are now called upon to continue to take industrial as specified above and any further action to be so notified.